Well May was one crazy month for may reasons, and here are just a few of them!
So – May 2015, this is your life:
- All songs can be made infinitely better by the inclusion of cake into the lyrics: Cake on Me, The Baker takes it all,Gimme Gimme a Bun after Midnight. ThanksScandi Kitchen for brightening up a dull Sunday!
- I’ve turned into a typical Brit and moaned about the weather all month (no really, it’s not stopped raining and it’s been freezing cold). Not happy Jan. Not happy.
- Dealing with the loss of a TV programme is a real thing – who knew?
- My mother can’t say Hermes (as in the Greek God, and the Courier company), she can only sayHérmes (as in the expensive scarves). It took me a good 10 minutes to figure out what she was on about until it clicked. Hermes? Delivering? Has she bought new scarves? Confusion;
- Similarly, the Lover calls a meme amee-mee. I politely pointed out that it was pronouncedmeem to rhyme withjean. Then I had to go and have a fit of the giggles until my stomach ached.
- Americans are still confused by us Britssuffixing anything with “cheeky”.. I mean, surely going for a cheeky pint/McDonald’s/etc makes perfect sense? Non?
- However much stuff you get rid of, there’s still a ton more (really, I mean really – can we really have this much stuff?).
- I’m not sure what’s so funny about my being polite and drinking my protein shake in a glass, with a straw… I was brought up properly you know.
- It’s ok to enjoy Lego at any age.
- I still don’t know how to use WordPress, and therefore the “dog” has eaten my posts a fair few times.
So there we go, I hope everyone else had a fabulous May – and now on to June.